A Repainted Faith

Chaising God

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Have you ever read a book and it challanged you so much in how you thought about something that you just wanted to throw it across the room? Well it is my hope that this Blog will result in the same kind of reaction. And Don't get me wrong its not a negative reaction but a positive one. A reaction that makes you think that maybe,just maybe I have been looking at things through a small set of lenses. And just maybe that there is more to this thing this faith called Christianity.

3 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

more to come

7:46 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

coming out of my conservative, holiness-Pentecostal yet evangelical background, the first time i read some of this stuff (Brian McClaren) it made me upset--it seemed so far from the Christianity that I came to accept. but, it's like God (through them) is knocking me off my feet and saying, "that's where you needed to be anyway".
Lord, let us not deceive ourselves into thinking that our footing is sure when it is not; at times, we need you to pull the rug out from underneath our feet. For, it is on the floor that we look up to You (the only One who stands steadfast and sure) for help in getting up and going down the right path. Deconstruct us and our worldview that we might walk humbly in and by Your Spirit. Amen.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Travis said...

Thank you for your comments.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home