A Repainted Faith

Chaising God

Saturday, July 22, 2006

we had our churches first anual Kids Fest this past Friday and it was awesome. God is really at work in our children we had 5 Kids accept Jesus into thier heart. This was the message that was Given.


He’s After Your Heart Kids Fest 2006

Introduction

So has everyone had a good time so far? I’m Glad; lets thank all the parents and volunteers that made this possible and especially Mrs. Sharon for letting us have kids fest at quite possibly the most fun place on earth. What to talk about. What to talk about. When I was preparing for tonight I was wandering what did God want me to say. I knew we were going to have some boys and girls here that had never heard about Jesus before and much less the Bible, and I thought what am I going to say? I was being real quite and I heard my heart beating. Now have you ever been so quite at night you can hear your own heat beat? that’s what my answer was. It was the beating of a heart. I thought God what are you saying to me? And in my spirit he said this is my heart and it beats for them. So let’s talk a little bit about what that means.

Your heart
Now we all have felt our own heart beat right? I mean our heart is in our chest just beating away. You can feel it if you put your hand over your chest like this. And if it didn’t do that thing it does it would be a bad thing for us. Now have you ever been in an exciting situation. Like riding a ride at Six Flags or American Adventures or just jumping here at jumping party. Your heart beats crazy fast right? But it feels great and that’s why we keep jumping and why we want to ride the rides again. So our hearts beat fast because we like doing that stuff. Now what about your spiritual heart? Yes I said spiritual heart; we have one of those to. Have you ever felt it beat? You can really feel it when you are praying and getting close to God. So we have two hearts: 1. A heart that beats in your chest and 2. A spiritual heart we can’t see but we can feel. Now what about Gods heart? What about the heart of Jesus?


The heart of God
Jesus has a heart. He had a heart that beat in his chest just like you and me. And I am certain that if Jesus rode on a rollercoaster and was able to jump here at jumping party his heart would just race in his chest just like ours does. Now Jesus has a spiritual heart too. Do you ever think that he felt his spiritual heart beat? I think so. The bible says so. The bible talks about Jesus praying intently on a lot of occasions. What would it be like to have the heart of Jesus, just for one day even? Think about that. Put your hand on your chest again and lets be quite one more time. What if the heart you felt beating was that of Gods. And what if when our spiritual heart beat it was beating for God? Would we act different? I am quite certain that we would.
The beating of our hearts and His . . .
What makes Gods heart flutter? Because we know what makes ours flutter. Its things like jumping and seeing our friends and for some of you it’s seeing a Spiderman or batman movie. But what makes Gods heart go (thump, thump, thump)? Do you know what it is? God’s heart beats for you. Not just because he is happy to see you or you told him a good story but, because he loves you. He loves you more than the whole sky and all that is in it. Have you ever been outside at night and looked up and tried to count the stars? We can never quite count them all can we? I mean there are so many stars and God created every single one. All of them are different and shine bright for him but he loves them the same. Is anyone’s heart beating a little bit quicker now, I know mine is. Wow God loves us more than the stars. More than the moon, more than the clouds and more than the sun. His heart beats for us.


Call
Lets all stand. Everybody put your hand over your heart and let’s close our eyes. Let’s be really quite now. God speaks to us when were quiet. If you feel Gods love right now I want you to whisper his name to him. Just say Jesus. Just keep whispering it to him quietly. If you are here tonight and maybe you don’t know Jesus. It’s ok because he has known you for a long time. If you are one of those people I just talked to and you feel him tugging on your heart, just whisper his name Jesus, and say here I am. Heads bowed and eyes closed If you want to give your heart to Jesus tonight I want you to raise your hand and some of the volunteer staff will come and pray with you

2 Comments:

Blogger AFamousStatue said...

"God's heart beats for us." I LOVE that so much. It is really comforting and EXACTLY what I needed to hear today. Thanks for listening to the Holy Spirit and relaying His message to us, Travis.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

God's heart beats for us and also stops beating for us. We are in the center of God's heart. The heart is often used to refer to the center of our beings, the center of our emotions and passions, God has us at the center of His center.

You are doing a great job, Travis.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home