A Repainted Faith

Chaising God

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Heart of the Lion

The heart of David is something that I some times think of. The bible says that David was a man after God own heart. What is Gods Heart interested in? What does the Lion of Judah long for? Lets take a look at David and his character. God was after a new king or a leader for his people and he sent Samuel to anoint one.

7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

So God was after the heart from the begining, not the physical size or stature that men might be attracted to but the heart. So what did david have in his heart that captured the attention of God? David was a sheppard boy, and his sole Responsibility was to guide his flock of sheep to lead them and keep them from going astray.He had a heart for his flock. Lests skip ahead to Psalms where David is found in the desert of Judah (desert of Praise)

Psalm 63

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me
Here you have a future King in the desert of Judah, giving God his entire heart,his very best. He has the promise that was given to him of the kingship by God but he is being persued by his enemies. I want to say that most of us are not as deligent as David. Most of us in this situation would be to the give up point, But not David His heart longs for God. His heart longs to see Gods glory and to be used by Him in what ever way he has ordained. I was watching a Louie Giglio DVD that a friend of mine let me borrow where Louie talked about a prayer remix and it was very good. the part of the message that pierced my heart was the last part. He said that there are some prayers that God can't answer, but the one Prayer that he will always answer is "God use me". I think David is the old testament Embodiment of this. David didnt seek the throne of Israel it sought out him. He kept himself humble before God and said God use me however you want whether it was as king or as simple shepard.David was in the desert of praise and we see him doing just that. He was after God not just half way either but like in poker he was "all in". So thats David A man after Gods Own Heart. Now lets Look at the heart of God through Jesus.
Jesus was all about people. All the gosples show Jesus hanging out with the lowly people the Tax collectors, sinners and the prostitutes. Thats the constant people them. Jesus show the true heart of God in obedience like David but also in his love for people. I talked to some of my friends about this experience I had where I felt like God was saying to me "you say you love me, but do you love my people?" and that is something I think alot of us struggle with, having a heart for people. What I came to realize was that ya obedience is part of it because God wants a willing vessel but its also about people, and not just lost people but saved people as well.
So what does the heart of a Lion look like? its a heart with a deep desire to see Gods will accomplished and to be used in it and its a heart for people. A heart un afraid of being open to people,and a heart that longs to see others for who God created them to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

So very true. I really like how you talked about God using you. We need an attitude, a heart, that says, "wherever, whenever, however...I am Yours; use me." The humility to go wherever, do whatever and be whoever God wants is the place where true ministry can take place. The place of surrender is the place of power in God's economy of things.

I think that you are getting ever closer to the heart of God. May we both passionately pursue that.

I would also like to add that God's heart is skipping a class to come to see a young couple in the hospital. Thanks for coming by.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home