A Repainted Faith

Chaising God

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The desert

As the warm wind blows and the
Sand gathers round
I’d give anything so as just to be
Found
To know you by heart, to feel your embrace.
But this desert I’m in is a dry restless place
I have heard your voice at night. A soft whisper as it grows.
Who am I to be worthy of the wonders that you hold.

I am still and I am quiet.
Wondering are you still there.
Am I alone in this desert and do you even care.

Then a gentle whisper comes and says
Be not afraid.
For I am your shield and strength
And I am with you always………

The way you travel is narrow but your steps I have planned.
I go before you in this desert for I have numbered every grain of sand.

3 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

did you write this? it is really good.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Enock said...

awesome poem Pastor Travis

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should copyright this. its really inspiring. i can actually picture myself in there as i read it.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home