A Repainted Faith

Chaising God

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

the dwelling place.

I was thinking the other day. (I know Dangerous) but I was none the less and something struck me...
We all here the pastor in church say Jesus dwells inside of us and that we are the temple, but something in that statement did something to me.. I got to thinking about the Enemy actually lets call him by name Lucifer. I think we give him to much power by calling him the enemy(scary.) Anyway what spoke to me is that the devil has set up camp and has been dwelling a temple that was never created for him to dwell in.. what I mean by that is that people today young and old the temple of God have this cast down rebelious angel dwelling in them. And for to long we as the church, the body of Christ have just set back in our complacency and not stood on the word of God. People were never created to have the devil dwell in Gods temple, and frankly it makes me mad excuse me furious that he thinks he can do this. and I know that people are just as much to blame, because lucifer is a copy cat and only inhabits a willing vessel. But as for me and I hope there are others out there, I think it is time to reclaim the temple.. and boot out the squatter. I am so tired of seeing the rusty chains of bondage around the ankles of people, because thats not what God ever intended. As for the devil he knows his time is drawing to a close and he is gonna fight tooth and nail to keep his place.
So this a call to action for the church and anyone individuals out there that are tired of seeing our youth taken by him and to anyone who is ready for a change of tenant in your temple.

4 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

spiritual warfare here we come!
I would agree that we need to march against the strongholds of Satan. If we give an inch then the devil will take a mile; there are footholds of wickedness and evil that become strongholds.

To be honest, I have not thought much of this. Are you saying that if a person is not a Christian than that they are demon-possessed? Are you saying that those who do bad things are demon-possessed? I don't know that I fully get it.

But, maybe we should think more in terms of spiritual warfare...

7:40 AM  
Blogger Travis said...

no I am not saying that if a person is not a Christian than that they are demon-possessed and I am not saying that those who do bad things are demon-possessed what I was trying to get across was that satan has to many strong holds in the lives of people be they christians or non believers. And it is our duty as a body of believers to intercede for these individuals be they us or others and not just set back like we have been and be comfortable with the way things are... I guess I wasnt specific enough about what i was trying to say... and sure I think demon possession is possible but its not truely what angle I was coming from. So I guess what I was tring to say (although confusingly) was that God didnt call us to become fat and happy saved people that will settle for the way things are. He called us to be spiritual Warriors and to stand on is word and not be placid in the face of Satan because he belongs "under our feet".

10:49 AM  
Blogger Enock said...

In terms of spiritual warfare, I am completly convinced through the Word of God, that as long as we lean on God and seek His giudance through the battles, we are guaranteed the victory. And as paul said to the Ephisians I say to you.

"Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 6:18a Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit"

Its about time we stand with the authority that God has given to as through the Holy Spirit and realize the devil is a defeated foe and has no power over the children of the ALL MIGHTY GOD. Jesus,the name above all names. The Bible tells us that even the demons in hell fear His name. HALLELUJAH, Praise be to God.

devil, you may not fear me,but i know for sure that with Jesus who lives in me I am guaranteed the victory. Praise be to the MOST HIGH GOD.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

AMEN!!! ENOCK

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home